Yum, yum, yum. Fresh, tender asparagus cooked to perfection with baked cherry tomatoes and a refreshing lemony dressing. While the tomatoes are baking you can mix the dressing, shave the parmesan cheese to go on top and prepare and cook the asparagus. I like to serve this as a side dish at a casual at-home dinner party as it’s both simple yet impressive – my two requirements for any casual home entertaining I do.
Asparagus & Cherry Tomatoes (with Lemon Mustard Dressing)
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Cherry Truss tomatoes on the vine (about 250 g (9 oz) or 5 tomatoes per person)
- 2-3 bunches asparagus (woody ends trimmed)
- Zest from 1/3 lemon
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- Olive oil spray
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Dijon mustard
- Shaved parmesan to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200C/390F.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and place the tomatoes on the tray.
- Spray the tomatoes with olive oil spray and season with salt and cracked black pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tomatoes just start to collapse.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil, then reduce to heat to a gentle simmer.
- Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil and mustard in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the tomatoes are nearly cooked, add the asparagus to the water and cook for about 3 minutes until bright, green and tender (or cooked to your liking). Drain and place in a neat pile on the dinner plate.
- Drizzle the dressing over the asparagus (or serve it on the side) then top the asparagus with the tomatoes and sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Use a Microplane to shave parmesan cheese.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: