Healthy potato wedges with zero fat – is that really possible? Yes! These baked potato wedges are delicious served to accompany a main course or they make a terrific snack on their own. Why not bake some for “movie night” in your house for something healthy for the family to nibble on and serve them with your favorite dipping sauce (tomato sauce, lemon mayo etc.). This recipe is a tasty variation on the humble potato, and I cook this dish on a regular basis, mainly to accompany our BBQ’s. You really can’t get much easier – just chop, sprinkle and bake.
Crunchy Homemade Potato Wedges
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 medium sized potatoes (Pontiacs, the red ones work best)
- Seasoned salt
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 180C/355F.
- Spray a baking tray with cooking oil to prevent the potatoes sticking.
- Chop the potatoes in half (length ways).
- Chop each half again in half lengthways and once more so that you end up with 8 wedges per potato. (Try to keep the wedges the same size).
- Place them skin side down on the baking tray and spray the lot with olive oil. Sprinkle the wedges with seasoned salt.
- Bake for approx. 50 minutes or until golden and crunchy to your liking.
- First line the baking tray with aluminum foil, then spray with olive oil to avoid a messy tray at the end. It will take you no time to clean your tray this way.
- Try different seasonings such as paprika, Cajun spices, peri-peri, garlic or onion flakes etc.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: