Tomatoes are tasty, low fat and bring great color to a dinner plate. This recipe takes about 5 minutes to prepare (if that) and simply bakes in the oven while you are preparing the rest of your family meal.
When I haven’t planned a meal and I am looking for something fast and easy, I usually take some delicious marinated meat from the freezer to BBQ and serve it with these Baked Pesto Tomatoes and a salad such as a Rocket, Parmesan and Pine-nut Salad or a Spinach, Strawberry & Feta salad. This is a great recipe if you have over-ripe tomatoes that you need to use up.
Baked Pesto Tomatoes
Ingredients (Serves 4 as a side)
- 4 medium to large tomatoes, cut in half across the middle
- 2-3 Tbsp. store bought pesto sauce
- ½ cup (45 g) grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 180C/355F.
- Lightly spray the cut side of the tomatoes with the olive oil spray.
- Spread the cut side of the tomatoes with the presto sauce.
- Sprinkle each tomato with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for around 25-30 minutes or until the tomato is cooked and is starting to soften.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: