We eat a lot of salads in our household so it’s nice to change it up a bit and cook some different side dishes from time to time. This broccoli side dish is fast (tick) and easy (tick) and it tastes great (tick). It adds colour to a plate and most children will like the taste (even those who don’t usually like broccoli!!) I can usually get my oldest son to eat this and he is the fussiest child when it comes to anything “green” so that is saying something.
Broccoli with Tomato & Onions
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 500 g (18 oz) broccoli, washed, stalks trimmed and cut into small florettes
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, cut into thin wedges
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan then fry the garlic and onion for a few minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomato and a pinch of salt and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring as you go.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 4-5 minutes or until just soft (or cooked to your liking)
- Add a pinch of black pepper, stirring to combine then serve.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: