What child doesn’t love to eat Chicken Nuggets? I like the fact that you know exactly what goes into these chicken nuggets (as opposed to processed nuggets). This homemade version is pan-fried in a little butter so it’s much healthier than the fast food, deep fried variety.
I serve the kids serve of nuggets with some mayonnaise or ketchup. My husband and I enjoy them with Lemon & Dill Mayonnaise or Chili and Lime Dipping Sauce – yum! Check out the recipe below to find out what the 2 secret ingredients are that make these nuggets taste so darn great.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied (cut in half crossways to make them half the width), then cut again into smaller pieces
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 2/3 cup (100 g) dried breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Knob of butter for frying
- Mix the egg, milk, garlic and ginger then coat the chicken with the mixture.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat each piece of chicken generously with breadcrumbs then refrigerate for a few hours if time permits (this is not necessary but it does help the breadcrumbs to stick to the chicken).
- Heat the butter in a frying pan then cook the chicken in batches over medium heat, turning after a few minutes once each side is golden brown.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon and your favorite condiments.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: