This is a wonderfully colorful chicken recipe with loads of taste. It takes a little while to cook each element on the stove-top however you can prepare the dinner table and the rest of the meal while it’s cooking away. The recipe is one that you can make ahead and reheat to serve, to take the pressure off at dinner time.
Chicken with Paprika and Chorizo
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 800 g (28 oz) skinless and boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 chorizo sausage (around 225 g), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 red and 1 green capsicum cut into thin strips
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 500 ml chick stock
- 400 g (14 oz) tinned tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper and toss to coat in the paprika. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the chicken for a few minutes until browned.
- Remove from heat and set aside. Add the chorizo to the pan and cook for a few minutes, stirring until crisp.
- Remove the chorizo and drain it on paper towel to remove any excess oil and fat. (Leave around 1 Tbsp. of oil from the chorizo in the pan). Cook the onion in that oil for around 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the capsicum and garlic and cook for 10 minutes, stirring. Add the combined stock, tinned tomatoes and tomato paste and simmer on medium-low for around 20 minutes or until reduced.
- Return the chicken and chorizo to the saucepan and stir for a few minutes until heated through.
- Serve on a bed of rice with steamed vegetables or an Easy Green Side Salad.
- You can prepare this recipe until step 5, then add the meat and turn the saucepan off the heat. Store it in the fridge until dinner time then simply reheat to serve.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: