Everyone needs a good classic Tomato Soup recipe in their cooking repertoire. This one is a super-fast recipe that totally delivers on taste. I like to cook a speedy soup such as this one during the week to enjoy as a healthy snack should hunger set in between meals. A soup like this can also be enjoyed as a weekend lunch for the family, served with some crusty bread. Fancy it up with a dollop of goat’s cheese and some fresh oregano leaves and serve the soup as an entrée if you have guests for dinner, or simply enjoy it plain like I do.
Classic Tomato Soup
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cans crushed tomato
- 3 cups (720 ml) chicken stock
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook for a few minutes or until lightly browned and soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute or until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock and sugar and cook for 10 minutes.
- Blend with a hand-blender until smooth.
- Serve with a dollop of goats cheese and some fresh oregano leaves (optional).
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: