These fritters make a lovely, different meal. We don’t eat a lot of prawns as they are quite pricey however this recipe only uses a small quantity. You can spice this recipe up as much as you like with the addition of the lovely Chili & Lime Dipping Sauce. My children don’t like chili at all so they enjoyed their serve with some plain mayo and a squeeze of lemon juice. We usually enjoy our prawn fritters with an Easy Green Side Salad on the side.
Prawn & Corn Fritters
Ingredients (Makes 18)
- ½ cup (65 g) self raising flour, sifted
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) milk
- Sea salt and cracked black
- 1/2 cup (65 g) fresh or canned corn kernels
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 220g (8 oz) green raw prawns (shrimp), peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ cup (25 g) chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, extra
- Place the flour, egg, oil, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the corn, green onion, prawns and coriander and stir to combine.
- Heat the extra oil in a large, non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook ¼ cupfuls of the mixture in batches for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with lemon wedges and Chili & Lime Dipping Sauce (optional – the children might prefer plain mayo or plain yoghurt)
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: