A delicious, vegetarian Stir Fry bursting with bold flavors and loads of vegetables. I don’t cook with a lot of tofu so I was pleasantly surprised that this tasted so good when I first made it. My husband insists on having meat in most meals so I usually save this one for me and the kids when he travels.
One of my sons (and myself) can’t get enough of it whereas the other one could take it or leave it so you will need to give it a try to see if it’s a hit with your family. As you can prepare most of it in advance and the cooking is so fast (about 7 minutes), this would also be a really unique and healthy lunch dish to serve to a couple of your girlfriends.
Crunchy Thai Style Tofu and Peanut Salad
- 300 g (11 oz) pack silken firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tsp. grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sunflower oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 carrot cut into match sticks
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (50 g) chopped shallots/green onions
- 100 g (4 oz) baby spinach leaves thinly sliced
- 100 g (4 oz) bean sprouts
- 2 Tbsp. roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Place tofu, ginger, garlic, 2 Tbsp. chili sauce and 1 Tbsp. soy sauce in a bowl. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of sunflower oil in a wok over high heat. Cook the tofu for 3-4 minutes, turning, until golden and sticky. (Be gentle as it may split). Set aside.
- Wipe out the wok with paper towel then heat the remaining sunflower oil over high heat.
- Stir fry carrot and capsicum for 2 minutes. Add sesame oil, remaining sauces and tofu then gently toss to combine.
- Remove from heat, fold In the spinach, sprouts and peanuts.
- Read 12 Super Stir Fry tips for some handy hints
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: