These really are SOOO easy and delicious. If you have no whipping cream on hand, they are just as delicious served with butter and jam. Whether you make them for visitors or for the family as a special treat, these scones won’t last long when they are served fresh out of the oven.
Easy Food Processor Scones
- 2 cups (250 g) self raising flour
- 15 g (1 oz) cold butter
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- Extra flour for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 190C/375F and line an oven proof biscuit tray with greased baking paper.
- Place the flour and butter into your food processor, and blend for about 15 seconds.
- Add 1 cup of milk, and pulse for about 20 seconds until mixed to a dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface or bench and knead gently, pressing out until one inch thick.
- Cut out rounds from the dough with a circular cookie cutter or use the rim of a glass or jar.
- Place on the baking tray so each scone is just touching.
- Bake for around 10-15 minutes or until they sound hollow when tapped.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and jam or butter and jam.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: