These crepes are SOOOO divine. They are seriously restaurant quality. We mostly enjoy them as a delicious breakfast treat once a week or so. I love mine folded over twice and served with a small dollop of strawberry jam. The boys in our house like theirs rolled up and served with maple syrup. If there’s any left-overs my children enjoy them for dessert the next day with some ice cream and chocolate sauce!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 1/3 cups (170 g) plain flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp. caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) milk
- 50 g (2 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- To serve: Strawberry jam or lemon & sugar or maple syrup
- Sift the flour and sugar with a pinch of sea salt into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture then crack in the eggs.
- Using a balloon whisk, gradually bring the dry mixture into the eggs then pour in the milk and the melted butter. Gently whisk until the mixture is smooth, being careful not to over mix. Transfer the crepe batter to a jug.
- Brush the base of a non-stick crepe pan or frypan with a paper towel dipped in extra butter.
- Heat over medium heat, then pour 2 Tbsp of batter into the pan, tilting the pan to coat the base (pour any excess batter into the jug).
- Cook the crepe for 1 minute or until golden, then flip and cook the other side for just under a minute until golden.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Repeat the process until all the mixture is finished.
- Serve with your favorite topping.
- When lots of little bubbles start to appear in the crepe, you know the other side of the crepe is cooked, so it’s time to flip.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: