I started cooking this easy French Toast recipe for my husband and myself quite a few years ago, before we even had children! It was a weekly breakfast treat for us that we still enjoy to this day (and now the children are in on the action too). It’s quite simple and takes just a couple of minutes to prepare. If you find your mornings are rushed, you can even prepare the egg mixture the night before and store it in the fridge ready to go.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 8 slices wholemeal or white bread
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (120 ml) milk
- 4 tsp. butter
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- Maple syrup to serve
- Combine the milk, eggs and cinnamon in a shallow owl and whisk with a fork.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter in a large fry pan.
- Meanwhile, dip the bread into the egg mixture, coating both sides well, letting any excess mixture drip off.
- Cook the bread in the fry pan, 2 slices at a ime for about 2 minutes n each side or until golden and the egg is cooked.
- Heat 1 tsp. of butter in the fry pan before cooking each batch of bread.
- Serve with a small jug of maple syrup.
- Have 2 fry pans going at the same time to speed up the cooking time.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: