These patties are a terrific standby dish as I always have beef mince on hand in the freezer and I can normally rustle up the remaining ingredients with little fuss. For my children, I serve them with one or two other vegies on the side but as they contain quite a number of “hidden” vegetables, they are quite a nutritious meal as they are. If I am really organized I double (or even triple!) the recipe and freeze the uncooked patties for another day. Oh and you simply can’t eat these rissoles without your favorite tomato chutney/sauce – yum.
Healthy Homemade Beef Patties
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500 g (16 oz) beef mince low fat
- 1 med carrot grated
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 spring onions
- 3-4 mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp bbq sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Salt pepper/seasoning
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Shape into patties.
- BBQ or pan fry for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through to your liking.
- Serve with salad or vegetables.
- You can add in or swap some other vegetables such as grated carrot, zucchini or chopped pepper.
- Make these ahead and store in the fridge.
- Freeze the patties for another day.
- Store half cup quantities of fresh breadcrumbs in the freezer and take out portions as you need them.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: