Can someone please tell me why I did not “discover” these fries a long time ago? I watched someone make them for my children on a holiday last year and finally got around to making them at home a few months later. OMG is all I can say!
These Baked Fries are now one of the most popular side dishes in my household. The children love them with some “dipping sauce” (ketchup) alongside their meal and my husband and I think they are great too. PLUS, they are baked and have zero oil, just a touch of oil spray is all you need. And you know how I love to prepare as much as I can ahead of time. You can get these beauties prepped up to the point where they require just a bit of baking time in the oven. Here, I’ll show you how …
Homemade Baked Fries
Ingredients (serves 4 as a side)
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and finely cut into even sized long fries (about 1 cm thick)
- Olive oil spray
- Sea salt flakes
- Boil a saucepan of water and cook the fries for about 5 minutes. They should still have some crunch and be holding their shape.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Wrap the fries in a clean tea towel to remove the excess water.
- Wrap them in a fresh, clean paper-towel if you are baking them later in the day and store them in the fridge.
- When you are ready to cook them, preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Spread them on a baking tray and spray them with the olive oil spray. Sprinkle with some sea salt flakes (not too much as you can always add more later). Toss them around on the tray to ensure they are all coated with the oil spray.
- Bake them for around 30-40 minutes or until golden and crunchy.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: