My kids love eating these Fish Fingers, dipped in mayonnaise and usually served with some Homemade Baked Fries. I try to add some salad or vegetables to their dinner plate – often without too much success! The Fish Fingers are really easy to prepare, and the cooking time is just a few minutes so it’s a terrific mid-week dinner. I try to prepare this easy fish recipe in advance and store it in the fridge until it’s time to fire up the frying pan. It’s nice to know that the kids are eating fresh fish rather than the processed and frozen variety.
Homemade Fish Fingers
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 firm white fish fillets
- 3 Tbsp. plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 egg mixed with 1 Tbsp. milk
- 2/3 cup (100 g) dried breadcrumbs seasoned with salt & pepper
- Oil spray
- Cut the fish into even sized fingers.
- Coat each piece with flour, then dip into the egg mixture, drain off the excess then press into the breadcrumbs, coating each piece thoroughly.
- Store in the fridge until you are ready to cook.
- Spray a frying pan with olive oil then heat over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and place the fish fillets in the pan.
- Spray the top side of the fish with more olive oil spray.
- Cook the fish for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve the children’s fish with mayonnaise and serve the adults fish with Chili & Lime Mayonnaise.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: