It’s taken me around 6 months and 6 attempts to tweak this slow cooked lamb dish to perfection. I knew it had potential from the first time I made it. It was one pot, it was easy and it tasted so divine. The problem was with the quantities of ingredients. There was originally way too much to fit in my large casserole dish and the mixture was too “wet”. I also wanted to make it an all in one meal so I added some zucchini to make it a healthier and complete dish. If I am feeling extra healthy and have the time, I will make an Easy Green Side Salad to serve with it.
One Pot Lamb
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 500 g (18 oz) diced lamb shoulder
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. cinnamon powder
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 small zucchinis chopped (approx. 100g)
- 300 g (11 oz) Orzo (Risoni or rice shaped pasta)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 700 ml heated chicken stock
- Preheat your oven to 180C/355F.
- Place the lamb in a wide casserole dish with the onions, oregano, olive oil and cinnamon and mix well. Bake for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and hot stock and cinnamon stick. Cover and bake for another hour.
- Remove the spice stick and add the orzo. Mix well then cover and cook for another 20 minutes or until the orzo is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, season with salt and pepper to taste and stir well then let it sit for a few minutes to thicken up.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and an optional salad.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: