Pavlova, (a meringue served with cream on top and fresh fruit) is a popular Australian dessert dish. I love to serve Pavlova for dessert if I have a casual dinner at home with friends as it’s an absolute winner each and every time. The crunch of the meringue shell and the sweet, soft inside is amazing.
I particularly love this Pavlova recipe as it makes individual meringues instead of one giant one that can be messy to cut and serve. I also love the fact that you can make the meringues in advance, even the day before if you wish. All you have to do is top them with the cream and fruit before serving.
Ingredients (Makes 12)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup (225 g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- Whipping cream
- Fruit of your choice (berries or chopped mango, banana and passion fruit work well)
- ¼ cup (35 g) icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add the caster sugar and vinegar and whisk until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Place spoonfuls of meringue on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and allow the meringues to cool in the oven for 1 hour.
- Carefully remove from the oven, lift with a spatula and store in an air tight container.
- When you are ready to serve, spread each meringue with whipped cream and sprinkle with the fruit and a little dusting of sifted icing sugar
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: