This is a delightful frittata. We don’t eat a lot of smoked salmon in our household so for me this dish feels like a real treat. The children love it too which is great. With a salad on the side, this is a substantial enough meal for the family dinner but it is also a great one for lunch with your friends that you can make in advance and simply reheat to serve with a green side salad.
Potato and Smoked Salmon Frittata
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 cup (240 ml) sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 kg (35 oz) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 30 g (1 oz) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g) fresh baby spinach washed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (240 ml) cream (I use light)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped dill leaves
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon rind
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 250 g (9 oz) smoked salmon cut into chunks
- Combine the sour cream and lemon juice in a small bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Place potato, butter and water in a 30cm(18 in) frittata or frying pan over medium heat. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and the liquid has evaporated.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, dill, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Stir in the smoked salmon.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes, and cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until the outside of the frittata sets.
- Place under a preheated grill and cooked for another 5-8 minutes until the frittata is golden and cooked through.
- Serve with the lemon sour and cream.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: