They say that less is often more and that’s the case with this salad. The combination of just a few ingredients and a gorgeous homemade dressing turns a simple salad into something really special. It’s nice to use rocket for a change instead of my usual baby spinach or standard lettuce.
Rocket, Parmesan & Pine-nut Salad
Ingredients (Serves 4 as a side)
- 5 big handfuls of rocket, washed
- ½ cup (50 g) finely shaved parmesan cheese
- ½ cup (50 g) pine-nuts, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Good quality olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- Mix the vinegar, olive oil, garlic and sugar in a jar then set aside.
- Place the rocket onto a serving dish or bowl and combine with the pine-nuts and parmesan cheese shavings.
- Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the top.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: