I was amazed at how quick and easy this recipe was to prepare. It looks just like the real thing however it tastes even better! Homemade Rocky Road can be a terrific special treat for movie nights at home after the family has enjoyed those scrumptious Baked Potato Wedges or it can be enjoyed as a plate of chocolate goodies for a birthday party. I make it simply because I can! To add some extra crunch to the mix you can add ½ cup of roughly chopped peanuts but if you do that, make sure any children eating it don’t have peanut allergies before serving it up.
- 500 g (16 oz) milk chocolate (you can use dark chocolate if you prefer)
- 135 g (5 oz) packet cream wafer biscuits broken into chunks
- 200 g (7 oz) pink and white baby marshmallows
- Line the base and sides of a 20 cm (8 in) square pan with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a large, heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Remove from heat and add the biscuit chunks and marshmallows and stir to coat well with
- the melted chocolate.
- Spoon into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: