This basic shortbread recipe is a great one to have in your cooking files. It’s really simple and many of you would have the ingredients on hand so you can generally make them on a whim. They are one of my husband’s favourite biscuits and the children love them in their lunch boxes so I make them quite often. Go ahead and make a batch today.
Ingredients (makes around 20 biscuits)
- 4 oz (.5 cup) icing sugar
- 8 oz (225 g) butter
- 12 oz (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- Pre-heat oven to 160C/320F.
- Prepare 2 biscuit trays with greased baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Stir in the flour until it’s mixed thoroughly.
- Roll into small balls, place on a tray, leaving enough room between each one and gently flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until just golden.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: