I was given this recipe from an American friend of mine, Alice. The salad is so simple yet it is sure to impress – in fact I think it’s good enough to serve at a dinner party!
The delicate flavors are offset by the sharpness of the feta and balanced by the balsamic vinegar. The brilliant color contrast of the strawberries against the contrasting bright green spinach leaves and white feta looks amazing. In fact this is a great salad for the festive season with its lovely Christmas colors.
Spinach, Strawberry and Feta Salad
Ingredients (serves 4 as a side)
- A few handfuls of washed and dried baby spinach leaves
- ½ punnet of washed strawberries cut into slices
- ½ cup (75 g) of crumbled feta
- Balsamic dressing to serve
- Gently toss the strawberries through the spinach leaves .
- Sprinkle the feta over the top
- Drizzle with balsamic dressing just before serving
- Prepare ahead: Wash and dry the spinach and strawberries and store in the fridge wrapped separately in a tea towel
- I now use a caramelized balsamic vinegar which I recently discovered
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: