If you are after a special dinner that you can prepare ahead then this recipe is for you. This dish is so yummy that I have served it to guests on several occasions with some tasty salads and side dishes to accompany it such as my Tomato Pie, Rice Salad, Broccoli with Tomato & Onions or Rocket, Parmesan & Pinenut Salad.
Until I was given this recipe by my sister Tor, I had never baked a steak in the oven. What on earth took me so long? It is so easy to do! Once you tweak the cooking times for your own oven based on the size of your steak portions and how you like your own meat cooked, you will end up with perfectly cooked steak. I’m definately going to experiment with flavours, marindaes and different toppings.
Oven Baked Steak Surprise
Ingredients (Serves 4 as a main course)
- 4 medium sized pieces of tenderloin steak (approx. 150g each)
- 4 tsp. grainy mustard
- 2 rashers of bacon, rind removed, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) tomato relish
- 1/2 cup (55 g) grated tasty cheese
- Preheat your oven to 190C/375F
- Using foil, make 4 foil trays boats and place one steak in each then place all steaks on a baking tray.
- Spread each steak with mustard.
- Combine the bacon and chutney and divide and it evenly between the steaks, spreading it on top.
- Sprinkle the cheese over each steak.
- Cook for around 18 minutes, then remove, cover the steak with foil and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite vegetables or salad
- Your cooking times may vary depending on the size of your steak, your oven and your preference for how you like your steak cooked.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: