I cook these deliciously healthy vegetables whenever I cook an Asian dish such as Chinese Chicken or Spicy Plum Chicken. The mild flavours of the sauce won’t overpower the rest of the meal. These green veggies are even terrific served alongside a steak or other BBQ’d meats to lift an otherwise plain meal. Add some steamed rice to mop up all those wonderful juices.
Stir Fried Asian Greens
Ingredients (Serves 4 as a side dish)
- 6 cups (900 g) of mixed green vegetables cut into medium sized chunks (eg Bok choy, silver beet, celery, broccoli, snow peas, sugar snap peas, zucchini, pepper, spinach)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. grated ginger
- Sesame oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Corn flour/starch dissolved in 2 Tbsp. cold water
- In a wok or a large, deep frying pan, heat the oil over high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic and stirs fry for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the hardest vegetables (i.e. celery, broccoli, zucchini) for a minute or two then add the softer vegetables (i.e. bok choy, snow peas, spinach) and stir fry for another minute.
- Add the sauces and corn flour and mix, cooking the vegetables to your liking.
- Add cooked chicken, red capsicum and cashew nuts at the end for a colorful and textured chicken and vegetable stir fry.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: