This Tortilla Bake is a totally delicious dinner that my whole family enjoys. If you have a spare batch of bolognese sauce, the recipe takes around 10 minutes to assemble so that all is required is baking. I serve it with an Easy Green Side Salad on the side, but the bolognese sauce does contain lots of veggies so if you are low on time or don’t have salad ingredients on hand, don’t fret as it’s a complete meal in one on its own.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 quantity of bolognese sauce
- 5-6 fresh flour tortillas
- 1 tub sour cream
- 1 cup (240 g) grated tasty cheese
- Olive oil spray
- Spray the base of a 23 cm (9 inch) spring-form pan with olive oil spray.
- Place one tortilla in the bottom of the pan, then spread 1/3 of the meat sauce on top. Spread ¼ of the sour cream over the bolognese sauce then sprinkle with ¼ of the cheese on top of the sour cream.
- Repeat this layering 2 more times.
- Place the last tortilla on top and spread with the remaining sour cream and sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for around 40 minutes in a moderate oven or until the cheese is golden on top and the bake is hot.
- Cut into wedges and serve on its own or with an Easy Green Side Salad.
- You can prepare this dish in the morning (or even the day before) and store covered in the fridge until it’s time for baking.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: