This easy side dish can be prepared in about 15 minutes flat and then kept in the fridge until dinner time. Our tribe loves anything with bacon and cheese so this was always going to be a hit in our house. If you do happen to have any leftovers, you can mix it through some cooked pasta for a fast dinner the next day, or just heat it up and enjoy it on its own for an easy lunch.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 400 g (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup (90 g) grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C/355F and lightly grease a 20 cm square baking dish.
- Spray a deep frying pan with cooking spray then add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes or until soft. Add the bacon and cook for a further 3 minutes until the bacon is starting to brown.
- Stir through the canned tomatoes and then add the zucchini, cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking dish and top with grated cheese. Bake for around 35 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is golden on top.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
If you liked this post, please share it: